This weekend was such a nice time of relaxation. Friday we went to the sea again and stayed all day. We swam, slept, read, played volleyball and applied enough sunscreen to protect our pasty Midwestern bodies. This is the great plains regional trip after all. Then on Saturday we went to an island!
The day did not start out very well. My travel philosophy is to have the necessary tickets and plans set out and ready at least a week if not more before hand. That morning we were supposed to get up and ready by 830 to go to the travel agent to get our tickets. The girls slept in to 830 and werent gonna do anything till they had breakfast. So when we get to the travel agency at 9 and our ferry is leaving at 1020 and it takes an hour to get there and we find that the agent doesn't speak English and the computer isnt working...you get the idea. I was mad. We finally just left. We got our tickets at the port and made the ferry. I then started to unwind again. It's a frustration quality about myself that I get super stressed when traveling in a group and I have no say in timing or planning but once we were on the ferry everything was great! The sun was out, the breeze was salty, it was a beautiful day.
The ferry was super nice too! It was like 5 floors and two outside decks. It was a much larger vessel than I had expected. It took about 45 minutes to get to the island of Aegina. We quickly discovered that the other campus team was on the island and while my group went to find a beach and rent 4 wheelers I went to have lunch and play volleyball with the other team. It was nice to get to know them better. They are super close to each other like my team is but they were very gracious about adding me to the group and I felt very welcome. And getting to play volleyball was awesome!!! I miss it. The best part is that whenever we got hot, we ran twenty feet and jumped in the mediteranian sea! We also discovered a professional sand volleyball tournament to watch. They were pretty good, but me and David (a guy on the other team) prolly could have beat them...
I then went and reconnected with my team for dinner. The restaurant we found was literally on the beach. Our chairs were in the sand and the sun set was touching the waves five feet from us. I order swordfish, which I haven't had in maybe ten years but still is far and away my favorite seafood. We had a great day. The ferry took us back to Athens where we ate crepes and watched a movie the girls picked out. That's the hard part about having only three guys, we get out voted most of the time. So reluctantly we watched sisterhood of the traveling pants, because of the Greek scenes I guess...it was awful.
Sunday my group went to the international church. It was so cool to hear all the different languages singing the songs that are so familiar to me. The service was in English too so that was pretty refreshing. Afterwards, Anna and I met a woman from missouri who has lived in greece for 45 years!
At afternoon was nap time, but Anna and I got to go out on a date to a super romantic restaurant on the side of the acropolis. We tlked for two hours and had a gdreqt time. She looked awesome too did I forget to mention that?
I am super excited for this next week on campus. It is the home stretch and I think tht is lending to my enthusiasm but I know that God has people for us to talk to and influence their lives. I can't wait to see Him working!
A ferry very similar to the one we rode on |
| LOOK MOM I'M ALIVE (6/18) |
| Sunset as we left the island |
The day did not start out very well. My travel philosophy is to have the necessary tickets and plans set out and ready at least a week if not more before hand. That morning we were supposed to get up and ready by 830 to go to the travel agent to get our tickets. The girls slept in to 830 and werent gonna do anything till they had breakfast. So when we get to the travel agency at 9 and our ferry is leaving at 1020 and it takes an hour to get there and we find that the agent doesn't speak English and the computer isnt working...you get the idea. I was mad. We finally just left. We got our tickets at the port and made the ferry. I then started to unwind again. It's a frustration quality about myself that I get super stressed when traveling in a group and I have no say in timing or planning but once we were on the ferry everything was great! The sun was out, the breeze was salty, it was a beautiful day.
The ferry was super nice too! It was like 5 floors and two outside decks. It was a much larger vessel than I had expected. It took about 45 minutes to get to the island of Aegina. We quickly discovered that the other campus team was on the island and while my group went to find a beach and rent 4 wheelers I went to have lunch and play volleyball with the other team. It was nice to get to know them better. They are super close to each other like my team is but they were very gracious about adding me to the group and I felt very welcome. And getting to play volleyball was awesome!!! I miss it. The best part is that whenever we got hot, we ran twenty feet and jumped in the mediteranian sea! We also discovered a professional sand volleyball tournament to watch. They were pretty good, but me and David (a guy on the other team) prolly could have beat them...
I then went and reconnected with my team for dinner. The restaurant we found was literally on the beach. Our chairs were in the sand and the sun set was touching the waves five feet from us. I order swordfish, which I haven't had in maybe ten years but still is far and away my favorite seafood. We had a great day. The ferry took us back to Athens where we ate crepes and watched a movie the girls picked out. That's the hard part about having only three guys, we get out voted most of the time. So reluctantly we watched sisterhood of the traveling pants, because of the Greek scenes I guess...it was awful.
Sunday my group went to the international church. It was so cool to hear all the different languages singing the songs that are so familiar to me. The service was in English too so that was pretty refreshing. Afterwards, Anna and I met a woman from missouri who has lived in greece for 45 years!
At afternoon was nap time, but Anna and I got to go out on a date to a super romantic restaurant on the side of the acropolis. We tlked for two hours and had a gdreqt time. She looked awesome too did I forget to mention that?
I am super excited for this next week on campus. It is the home stretch and I think tht is lending to my enthusiasm but I know that God has people for us to talk to and influence their lives. I can't wait to see Him working!
No comments:
Post a Comment