Sorry that I haven't posted in so long. This past weeken was an awesome time of service and I hope to be able to write about it tmrw or Friday. But tonight I am tired and going to bed but not before I share a bit of what I learned today.
Our perspective is so important. Today was Wednesday, which means we have development time in the morning. The worship was great, God pouring out His love for me, but the message was about keeping an eternal perspective. The text was philippeans 3. No matter what success I achieve in this life, it is all rubbish. Next to the eternity that we have when we are resurrected in Christ Jesus, this life means nothing. "forgetting what lies behind and looking forward to what is in store. . . The goal and prize of eternal life through Christ." The work we are doing here is of eternal consequence. This hit me hard. I wanted to shout, to run down the street filled with meth heads and crack addicts, the neighborhood is not very good lol, shouting and telling everyone the possibility of a life with God eternally.
Once on campus however my lack of enough sleep caught up with me. I was so tired, I did not want to be on campus today. Luckily, we met one of the inters, Anya, who accompanied Keegan and me. We had two super spiritual conversations and all of us shared our testimony. With one group or another. Even though both groups openly denied God, their questions made me think that they had thought about this before. God has set eternity in all of our hearts and we are made to be with Him. Separation from God breeds loneliness and desperation, and never have I seen a place so rampant with both of those things. Pray for the people we talk to that they would have an encounter with God that blows them off their feet!
No comments:
Post a Comment